Thank you for your interest in our ESIT RFQ Info Session!
This information session took place on Monday, May 1 @ 11:15 AM. Please see the recording below.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who can apply?
- Professionals, trainers, consultants, community educators, technical assistance providers, ESIT providers, etc. who have a passion for sharing knowledge regarding developmental delays or disabilities impacting infants and toddlers, holding racial equity, disability justice, and family centered practices as the foundation for learning opportunities, facilitating multidisciplinary spaces, and engageing in deep learning with others int eh birth to three field to provide virtual and in person learning opportunities to strengthen ESIT providers and community partners in King County, WA.
2. What is the deadline to apply?
- The initial application deadline is May 22, 2023 EOB. However, rolling applications are accepted and will be reviewed as needs are identified.
3. What is the time commitment expected?
- This is dependent on the activity contracted for. Large Group Trainings could require a 3 hour training, while a Community of Practice could be one time per month for a 5 month period with the selected number of hours per session.
4. What are the supports provided in preparation for these activities for the facilitator?
- We believe in being collaborative throughout this process. We will work closely with our consultants to ensure Best Starts for Kids values and philosophies are embedded in each of the activities available as well as providing needed technical and content supports.
5. What is the current ESIT provider list?
- Birth to Three
- Children's Therapy Center
- UW Experimental Education Unit
- Hearing, Speech, and Deaf Center
- Listen and Talk
- Northwest Center
- Northwest School for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Children
6. Where will the trainings be provided?
- Currently, all of our training are primarily offered remotely, with the hope that we will be able to do some in-person training in the future. Please note that as an applicant, you do not need to be able to hold in-person trainings to qualify.
7. What is the coordination process for matching a training with a facilitator?
- Best Starts for Kids/WestEd will manage all the logistics as needs arise and matches are identified. Your role will be to focus on content and facilitation.
8. How will dates be selected?
- As part of the coordination of logistics, Best Starts for Kids / WestEd will work closely with the facilitator to identify the dates and times for trainings.